(By the UPV Oil Spill Response Program)
Guidelines for Clean-up Workers thru the Cash-for-Work
1. No senior, elderly, and minors are allowed to participate.
2. Participants must have no history of upper respiratory or cardiac diseases.
3. Oil removal can only be done until 10 a.m. and after 3 p.m.
4. PPEs must be worn at all times, especially face masks.
5. Direct skin contact with oil must be avoided at all times. Hats must also be worn.
6. Temporary storage of collected oil and oiled debris must be located away from residential areas. Liners must be used to prevent leakage of oil.
7. Workers should be scheduled alternately to avoid prolonged exposure to the oil.
8. Smoking or eating on site is strictly prohibited.
9. Washing up must be done in one common area and not in residential areas.
This public service announcement is based on the past experiences of UPV in helping address oil spills across the region.