Guidelines for Transfer within UP Visayas/UP System
Students with previous college work from another unit of UPV or from other autonomous units of the UP System who want to transfer to Miagao and Iloilo campuses of UPV must satisfy all admission requirements of the accepting unit/college. Applicants for transfer shall be considered for admission to the University only during the first semester of each academic year.
The University of the Philippines Visayas is accepting transferees from other U.P. units provided he/she qualified in the following basic criteria for transfer:
1. completed at least 30 academic units from previous U.P. unit;
2. academic status is good standing
To apply, please send the following documents for evaluation purposes to the Office of the University Registrar, U.P. Visayas, Miagao, Iloilo:
1. U.P. Form 3.1 or Undergraduate Application Form
2. Original True copy of grades (1 original & 2 photocopies)
3. Application fee of P100.00 (pay at the UPV Cash Office or send a postal money order payable to UP Visayas, addressed to Miagao, Iloilo)
Deadline for submission of application: The last working day of April
Note: Those who intend to transfer to UPV Tacloban College apply directly to the Dean through the Office of the College Secretary of UPVTC.
Result of Application:
The result of the initial evaluation done by the OUR will be available around the second week of May. Applicants who satisfy the minimum requirements will still be referred to the respective colleges for final action. You may inquire about the results around third week of May.
You may confirm your status of admission by calling the Office of the University Registrar at tel. no. 3158556.
Please make alternative plans in case you are not admitted.
Submission of Entrance Credentials
All qualified applicants whose applications have been processed by the OUR and evaluated by the concerned units must submit the following before they are finally accepted and issued the University Admission Slip:
1. (original) University & College Clearances
2. (original) permit to transfer
3. (original) True Copy of Grades for those who are transfering from another UPV unit or Official Transcript of Records for those coming from other autonomous units
4. (original) NSO Copy of Birth Certificate
5. (original) Medical Certificate from UPV Physician (Bring results of urinalysis, fecalysis, CBC & chest X-ray to UPV Infirmary (for Miagao-based student/UPV Health Services unit (for Iloilo-Based student)
6. Student Directory Form (from UPV-Office of the University Registrar)
7. 2 pcs. 2x2 colored pictures