71st Anniversary of the UP Presence in Iloilo
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
UPV COMMUNITY DAY
Costume Run: A Day of Self Expression
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Time: 7:30 AM
Rules and Regulations:
- The Costume Run is open to students, faculty, REPS and staff and alumni of UPV in the Miagao and Iloilo City campuses.
- The Costume Run will have two categories, namely: 1.) The Top 3 Fastest Runners in Costume and 2.) 10 Special Awards for Best Costume.
- Runners must be in costume but NOT in any kind of athletic attire except for footwear. This means that rubber shoes, other athletic shoes and other comfortable shoes may be worn.
- Runners have to make sure that their costume is intact upon reaching the finish line. Points will be deducted on wrecked costume.
- No hand carried placards allowed. You may write your “self-expression” or “statement/s” on your clothes/costume or on any part of your body. No obscene and derogatory “self-expression” or “statements” allowed.
- Runners can register days before the event at the Information and Publications Office, New Admin Bldg, Miagao campus. They can also register on Feb 21, provided they do this, 30 minutes before the gun start. Race Bib numbers will be issued to registered runners.
- Registration will close 10 minutes before gun start. Unregistered runners will not be issued a race number and cannot qualify to claim any prize.
- The route of the run will be from the UPV admin building grounds, down to the School of Technology passing by HSU, Executive House, staff house and U-turn at by the Dorm Guard House.
- Runners must get a race band at the U-turn as proof that they have reached the area. Race bands must be secured till reaching the finish line. No race bands means disqualifications.
- Runners will be disqualified if they violate rules 3, 5, 6, & 10.