Request for Quotation


View List


UPV Scenes



Honorable Dismissal

A student in good standing who desires to sever his connection with the University shall present a written petition to this effect to the Registrar, signed by his parent or guardian. If the petition is granted, the student shall be given honorable dismissal. Without such petition and favorable action, no record of honorable dismissal shall be made.

Generally, honorable dismissal is voluntary withdrawal from the University with the consent of the Registrar or his representative. All indebtedness to the University must be settled before a statement of honorable dismissal will be issued. The statement indicates that the student withdrew in good standing as far as character and conduct are concerned. If the student has been dropped from the rolls on account of poor scholarship, a statement to that effect may be added to the honorable dismissal.

A student who leaves the University by reason of expulsion due to disciplinary action shall be allowed to obtain his academic transcript of record without reference to Dishonorable Dismissal, provided:

  1. the student writes an application;
  2. not less than one (1) school year, beginning the school year immediately following the effectivity of the expulsion decision has elapsed;
  3. the party concerned, during the period of expulsion, has not been involved in any untoward incident affecting the University, or been charged in court after the fiscal's investigation; and
  4. all such applications are subject to Board of Regents action.

UP System | Diliman | Manila | Los Baños | Visayas | Mindanao | Baguio | Open University

Copyright © 2011 University of the Philippines Visayas